Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Baby Name Game!

I'm not sure if this is difficult for all couples, but my husband and I had a particularly hard time agreeing on 2 names this time.
Hubby likes traditional & I prefer names that are unique, that not everyone else has.
I'm not announcing the final choices publicly, but a select few know.
But I was laying in bed at 3am...........thinking(that's my "philosophical hour").
This poor baby does not know it, but it is in hostile territory.
It's floating quietly in the "dead sea".....oblivious to the fact that it is surrounded by pain & suffering.(And that's only ME, not the mess OUTSIDE me!)
This baby' s "house" is chronically ill, has high blood pressure, asthma & was built in the 70's! Yikes!!!!
See?! Hostile territory!
So I'm laying there thinking...."Man...this kid is a little warrior!"
This baby is fighting, just to survive.
I wish I could put one of the names to this little warrior.
But as I was thinking that, I realized....both names we chose are types of warriors. Both of them, fighting their oppression.
So until I can announce who is officially inside my hostile environment....
this little baby will be known as:
My Little Warrior!
But wait.....symbolism is not lost on me(ahem....Mrs. Clancy....I swear I learned something in your English class!)!
The "Dead Sea", while being a hostile environment, is also very healing and soothing to people with skin ailments.
I too, while being a hostile environment, am also filled with hope, love & faith, which are very healing. If my little warrior can survive this first "quest" for life....great things are waiting on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment